Sunday, August 30, 2015

Star Wars X Wing Miniatures: Ghost Final (Cake Topper)


I have been working on this on-and-off for too long. That's why I have to be done! I worked to make this look like the color palette in the source materials, in the McQuarrie style. This is a complete repaint of the Ghost, not a touch up of the original finish. I added brass barrels on the gun positions which were barely an original detail and I did layers of grime, wear and subtle chipping. There were a few points during the painting where the details on this cake topper decoration just sucked, frankly, and I moved on. Perfect example is the main cockpit bubble.Ugh. I had even filed parts of the canopy to get it to match up across the upper and lower sections. Still, it was a good exercise and my son is thrilled to have a Ghost to use in X Wing as an Outer Rim smuggler, until the FFG Ghost drops. All-in-all, worth it for 8 bucks!

Here's a before shot, followed by final after primer and paints.




6 comments:

Paul O'G said...

Nice job!

Yeti's Yell said...

Thanks man! Labor of love, this. And hate. But more love.

Anonymous said...

That is really well done!

Miketaur

Yeti's Yell said...

Thanks man!

Anonymous said...

awesome indeed!

Pataur

Yeti's Yell said...

Thanks Pataur!